I Appreciate the Support:Profile Views

MySpace Counter

Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Wanting a man WITH money doesn't make you a gold digger. Wanting a man FOR his money makes you a gold digger." ~@Maestro

Ahhhh...*exhale of relief* Finally. Someone gets it! Someone understands that there is a difference between a woman wanting a man for his qualities & (not always) $quantity$! Now, if we could get the message across to some of the other men that have had this same misconception, we may be on to something here! My question is, why is that? Why do some men feel that a woman who desires a successful man with a nice salary,benefits, dividends, stock, etc. is a "Gold Digger"? It seems that men some have become accustomed to the "Independent Movement" that's been portrayed and empowered over the years. Yes, I do consider myself an independent female. At the same time, I also want my future boyfriend/fiance'/ 2nd husband[whoever he may be] to have the same thing. At least be in the beginning stages of working towards his success(e.g, education, internship, entry-level position,etc.). See, to me, a gold digger is someone that only takes & never gives. Nothing to contribute of their own and have no intentions AT ALL on doing so. Someone who is a always looking for a "hand-out". A female (and occasionally male) who gives up their goodies in exchange for other goods. However, someone who is seeking an indivdual who isjust as successful as they are, wanting to build a foundation and a loving partnership-- with suitable monetary security is not a gold digger, There's still bacon to be brought home people!m =)

3 comments:

  1. These are the same men who are afraid to take a leap into a meaningful relationship. As a man, I love when my woman is independently successful...it's a total turn on! Us men need to understand that women appreciate the same success from a man. We should grasp that concept, and make a great partnership out of it instead of being suspect about her intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Darryl... That's exactly the point I was trying to make-- thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel the same way. I've been w/guys who are not of the same caliber as myself. I've been with guys who have no goals, no dreams, no job, no education && I'm OVER IT. "love don't pay the bills"

    ReplyDelete