I Appreciate the Support:Profile Views

MySpace Counter

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The show WILL go on...But NOT for me!



Now that I've approached the lovely age of 26, I've come to realize that the club scene is NO LONGER for me. I'm definately not against those that still choose to patron at these local spots. I'm just saying that for ME, the curtain has closed. I believe that over the years ,I've grown tired of the "approach". The men that have approaced me(and not all, but some)have not been the type that I would want to take home to my parents! I mean,trying to get my attention with the "cat calls" (i.e Redd, Shawty, Lil'Mama, and "PINK" <-- or whatever color I'm wearing at the time) is an immediate turn-off! Grown women should be treated with the upmost respect at ALL times! Keep in mind, I said WOMEN-- I'm not speaking about little girls whose eyes still gleam with they see a set of 24's driving down I-75. Again, I'm not saying all men are like this. I'm just saying that for ME, these are the type of women that men are used to meeting in clubs. The kind that are preoccupied with themselves and their material belongings. When they have no success with me using the same pick-up line that usually gets them to second-base with the next chick, things sometimes tend to get--ugly. And don't get me started on the ones that love to babysit us because they bought us a drink on $2.00 Tuesday! You know the ones, they buy you a drink and then what started off as small talk, then becomes "This nigga is holding me hostage!" Then there are the ones that loooove to sneak, stand, or jump behind us while we're dancing! We want so badly to tell them, "Ugh, um sir, can I do me with just me please!" I do sometimes miss the ever so interesting & entertaining atmosphere of nightclubs, but I think I'll stay away for a while. Maybe venture into a couple of "Grown folks" spots where the men still believe in courting a woman. Men, we love you, adore you, and we DO want you. But please, give a girl her space!

2 comments:

  1. this was defintiely a funny post cause i be feeling the same way about clubs when i see dudes doing those calls and it be working? lol but what club do i need to go to, so that i may catch you around? hopefully something like the velvet room and not central station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,
    Well, I don't really club the way I used to, but if I did trust that you'll find me in Velvet Room before Central Station! Lol, though I'm not above Central Station,it's just one of those places that I choose not to go due to the....atmosphere! Thanks for the comment! - NeNi

    ReplyDelete